What Is BodyMedia FIT?
Features and Benefits
Achieving your health and weight loss goals is a 24/7 commitment. That’s why you need a system that monitors your body around the clock. Because every calorie counts and each activity matters. Even your sleep affects your ability to lose weight. You have targets to reach every day. Because BodyMedia FIT is in contact with your body day and night, it knows where you stand with these targets at any given moment. Armed with accurate information, you have the power to make good decisions. So you know whether you need to spend an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill, or if you can have an end-of-day snack and still reach your goal for the day.
The BodyMedia FIT system gives you highly accurate information on calories burned – the most accurate in the market. Clinical study results show it can improve weight loss up to 3x! BodyMedia FIT is an on-body monitoring system that consists of the BodyMedia FIT Armband monitor, online Activity Manager, an optional Display and free downloadable apps for mobile device users. BodyMedia FIT Armbands automatically track the calories burned during your daily activities. The armband works as a fitness monitor to measure the intensity of your workouts and also monitors the quality of your sleep, an important factor in weight loss. The information tracked can easily be managed with BodyMedia’s online Activity Manager. Just add in the easy-to-use food log and you have the right information to improve your weight loss.
The BodyMedia FIT System has been Clinically Proven to Accurately Measure the Amount of Physical Activity and Calories. A recent independent study tested our Armband system in real-life situations. Participants engaged in “free living” activities, including brisk walking, running, bicycling, sedentary activities, home activities, home repair, occupational activities, strength training, and ball games. The study compared the armband to a $40,000 “portable oxygen analyzer”, the gold standard for measuring calories. Results showed: Total Calories for free living activities: mean error <10%. Total Minutes of exercise: mean error <5%. Source: British Journal of Sports Medicine. July 2008.
- The Armband contains an accelerometer, a device that measures motion. (Your car air bag has an accelerometer in it that lets it know when you’ve been in an accident.) We use it to measure HOW you move from multiple axis and perspectives, allowing us to better understand your activity.
- We count your steps, using the accelerometer to measure the distinct patterns created by walking and/or running.
- Skin Response:
- When you sweat, your skin becomes more electrically conductive. This measurement helps us see how active you are.
- Skin Temperature:
- There’s an electronic thermometer inside your armband that helps us know how hot you are.
- Heat Flux:
- When you move, your muscles produce heat. We measure the heat that’s flowing from your body into the environment.